Making The Right Choice
Hospice of the West is unique, just like the individuals and families we serve. Our patients and their families choose Hospice of the West because:
- Our dedicated team of physicians, nurses, hospice aides, social workers, chaplains and administrative support staff has had personal experiences related to death, dying, grief and loss. This makes our work in end-of-life care more special and rewarding.
- We strive to provide care with compassion at all times, while working with the utmost integrity.
- Our team is committed to providing individualized and comprehensive care, while offering quality medical care, education and guidance.
- We consider ourselves an extension of the patient and family support network, while maintaining the highest professionalism in order to advocate for our patient and family needs.
- We pride ourselves in being focused in the present moment with our patients and their loved ones. We seek understanding of their journey and we offer emotional support through reflective listening, meaningful presence and words of encouragement and reassurance.
- We are committed to providing gentle, considerate and respectful care at all times.
- We believe in collaborating with other medical entities and community organizations to ensure that the needs of the whole person are met.
- Our desire is to reach out to diverse communities and to be kind and sensitive to cultural backgrounds and to religious preferences.
- We improve our skills through ongoing staff education and we believe in public education in order to spread knowledge and compassion to the greater community.
Simply put, we believe that we must take care of those caring for our dear patients. We strive to provide increased support, education and guidance to our caregivers to let them know they are valued, appreciated and respected.