Who Pays for Our Services?
Hospice care is typically paid for by Medicare or Medicaid, in which case patients pay nothing… ever.
Hospice of the West also works with an extensive list of private insurers.
- Covers extensive collection of interdisciplinary services plus all medications, medical supplies and medical equipment related to the hospice diagnosis
- Includes routine home care, general inpatient care, respite care and continuous care
- If Medicare is being billed for hospice care, patients can still bill Medicare Part A for any unrelated and pre-existing issues
- Most Medicaid services are known as a “mirror” benefits
- If patients reside in a nursing facility, the facility will continue to receive room and board reimbursements if hospice is chosen
- If patients do not qualify for Medicare or Medicaid, private insurance will often cover the associated expenses
- Hospice of the West works with a large and growing number of insurers including Blue Shield and United Healthcare.
- Referrals require prior authorization for hospice services, with which we can help
No one is denied service because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, diagnosis, or inability to pay for services provided.